When it comes to storage options and vehicle cargo boxes, one thing is certain, There is an abundance of choices out there.
If you have already begun your search for the right car cargo box, you have probably come across the brands SportRack and Thule.
Both SportRack and Thule cargo boxes provide high-quality items at a reasonable price. Whichever option is the most suitable for you will be heavily dependent on your circumstances and requirements.
You need to consider which size is right for you, and what you want to use it for.
To help you choose between these two excellent brands, we have put them head to head in many categories to see which one is the overall best.
Table of Contents
When the two businesses are compared there are many similarities between them.
What is certain though is that out of the two, Thule is a market leader. It is one of the largest companies in this sector. Thule Group AB is the largest maker of this gear in the world.
Thule has been providing consumers worldwide with high-quality sports hardware and cargo box solutions for nearly a century.
With a straightforward mission—to simplify life’s adventures—they’ve been committed to producing high-quality, durable products that are also environmentally responsible.
SportRack is a relatively new company, created within the last 25 years.
They remain, nevertheless, a key player in the business, especially since being acquired by the Thule brand in 2006.
SportRack, on the other hand, maintains its own business culture and devotion to high-quality products.
Range Of Products
When making your choices, it is vital to evaluate the product range.
When comparing SportRack vs. Thule cargo boxes, you must establish whether or not both manufacturers offer a solution that fulfills your requirements.
At first glance, it’s clear that Thule is the brand to choose from since it offers a variety of outstanding products.
Thule has four key ranges, in which there are several products to choose from, all ranges in different sizes. You can find products with a loading capacity of 260 liters to 430 liters.
Within each of Thule’s four basic ranges, you have an additional two to five options, depending on your needs.
Even though Thule owns Sportsrack, the company’s selection remains restricted. You can find cargo boxes that range in sizes from 480 liters to 500 liters.
SportRack is far from a one-size-fits-all product. However, you are confined to around five alternatives, with a wider variation in shape than in capacity.
If you’re debating between a Thule or SportRack cargo box but want more customization choices, Thule may be the way to go.
The quality of the items is another important thing to consider, as you don’t want to waste your money on something that won’t last a long time.
SportRack and Thule are both well-known for manufacturing high-quality products that are built to last for an extended amount of time.
It’s for a good reason that Thule is the world’s leading producer in this area.
Their products are of exceptional quality and construction, which will be reflected in the amount of use you get out of them throughout their life cycle.
With regards to pricing, SportRack is the most cost-effective solution.
They are usually half the price of their Thule counterparts, making them an ideal choice for those on a limited budget.
However, just because something is being produced on a limited budget does not always suggest that it is of poor quality or badly built.
It is still a high-quality product, although one that does not quite measure up to Thule’s standards.
Pros And Cons
Many things must be taken into consideration while selecting a Thule or SportRack cargo box. Here are the pros and cons of each brand and its products.
Pros Of SportRack
- Budget option – SportRack products are much cheaper than Thule ones, despite being owned by the same parent company. If you are on a bit of a tighter budget, this might be the best brand for you
- High-quality products – though they are made from less durable materials than Thule products, SportRack cargo boxes are still very high-quality products for the price
- Range of sizes – you should be able to find the right cargo box size for your needs here
Cons Of SportRack
- Range smaller than Thule – though you will probably be able to find what you need, if you are after more specific product or sizes you might not find what you’re looking for
- Shorter lifespan – as they do not use the same high-quality materials as Thule (so that they can keep the costs down), Sportrack products have a shorter lifespan and get more wear and tear over time
Pros Of Thule
- The biggest brand for roof racks and accessories – Thule is a global market leader and sells its excellent products worldwide
- Huge range of products – you can find cargo boxes in a lot more sizes than SportRack. Thule cargo boxes range from 260 liters to 610 liters
- Very high quality – All Thule products are made from very high-quality materials, guaranteeing that they have a long lifestyle and will not become damaged easily
Cons Of Thule
- Expensive – the only real downside to Thule products is that they are very expensive. But from a market leader who makes excellent and long-lasting products, this is to be expected
Summary – Which Is Better?
In terms of which brand is best for you will depend completely on your requirements and circumstances.
No one can deny that Thule is the brand that continuously provides the highest level of quality in the market. You can never go wrong when you choose Thule products.
Thule and SportRack both provide a comprehensive selection of high-quality cargo boxes from which to pick. Generally speaking, Thule provides a more premium product.
SportRack offers high-quality cargo crates at a cheap price.
If you’re dealing with a tight budget, SportRack may prove to be the more cost-effective option than Thule in this situation.