Goplus cargo box has been a popular hard-shell roof carrier since its inception into the U.S market in 2008. It frees up space inside your car’s cabin and offers an additional 14 cubic feet/ 400 liters of storage space atop your vehicle.
This beautifully crafted cargo box is durable and perfect for traveling and outdoor activities. Moreover, it is waterproof with a sunscreen surface to protect your gear from exposure and corrosion by adverse weather elements.
In a bid to have a greater global market reach, Goplus amalgamated into the Costway Consortium in 2015. New markets meant increased demand, but the high-quality production standards demanded of Goplus cargo boxes remain the same to date.
Table of Contents
Goplus Cargo Box
- Perfect for Road Trip—Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer—With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design—The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables.
- 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (Compatible with 17” to 22.8” wide rack, the width of the crossbar should be less than 3.1 inches and the thickness should be less than 1.0 inches)
- High Quality Material—The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Large capacity – 165 pounds
- Premium construction materials – Combines ABS and PC
- Easy installation – 4 quick connect anchors
- Dual opening mechanism – Safety and versatility
- Metal lid stiffeners – added stability and rigidity
- Super latch security – securing the box lid to the base
|What we like||What we don’t like|
|Rigid yet lightweight||No different sizes are available|
|Quick installation||The locks are all made of plastic|
|Zero wind noise|
|Great weather resistance|
|Value for money|
The Review - Goplus Cargo Box
The Goplus’s acrylic shell is constructed using high-grade acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic and fortified with PC material. The end product is a solid, long-lasting, compression-resistant cargo box that can haul up to 165 pounds of gear comfortably.
That’s not all; the bottom of the cargo box is further reinforced with steel stiffeners for added rigidity. This makes the box very stable when driving under uneven roads, negotiating sharp turns, or going up a steep incline with the luggage straps helping keep your gear in place.
The seamless design makes sure the cargo boxes remain sealed tight and weatherproof. The clamps will stay tight and firm, and the latches secure even if cross-sectional winds and torrential rain are battering your car. You will arrive at your destination with not a single drop of water inside the compartment.
Installation of the rooftop carrier is super easy with the patented 4 quick connect anchors, and the tool-free mounting hardware gets the job done in a matter of minutes. The box weighs only 25 pounds, and you can effortlessly install it on your own, but we do recommend having an extra pair of hands to help.
It works best with roof racks which are between 16.1 and 24.8 inches. If you have a roof rack that is out of this range, you will be required to make a few minor adjustments to make it work. You can use various crossbar types from square, round, aero style and most factory crossbars provided their width is less than 3.1 inches.
Adjusting the positioning of the roof box is essential to attain optimum clearance. For instance, if you position it too further forward, you will reduce front visibility and increase wind resistance. Positioning the box further backward will interfere with your rear hatch’s opening.
Since you can adjust the width of the luggage racks, this cargo box is compatible with most mid-size cars. If you own a larger vehicle like an SUV, you might need to drill holes to fit a roof rack or modify the bracket slot openings.
The length of the box is 63”, the width is 31″, and the height is 15 inches. This makes it suitable for camping, golfing, and road journeys. The Goplus may not be the ideal cargo box for fishing and skiing as it probably won’t fit your fishing rods, skis, snowboards, or other long gear.
The Goplus comes in black, titanium grey, and white color variants to blend with the color or style of your car. The white color oozes an elegant, modern, and sporty look, while the black box exudes boldness and toughness. Titanium grey is neutral and will reflect maturity and reliability.
Ease of Use
Double-sided opening offers increased efficiency and convenience with sturdy twin arm supports, keeping the box open as you load or unload your cargo.
However, do not attempt to open the box from both sides concurrently, as this will damage the lid stiffeners.
Two locks on either side of the box will keep your luggage safe and prevent the lid from popping open when driving through strong crosswinds. To ensure you don’t forget to lock your cargo box, the key will only come out after closing the cover and turning the key counterclockwise to lock.
On the downside, the grip mounts end up taking a significant portion of internal storage space. This limits the usefulness of the interior, meaning you won’t be able to necessarily fit as much gear as other roof boxes in its class.
The Goplus cargo box has a streamlined design to reduce drag. It is tempting to leave the box on the rooftop as it barely affects your gas mileage. There will be no noticeable whistling sounds as you drive down the highway.
- Goplus roof box
- 4 connect anchors
- 2 luggage straps
- 2 keys
- An instruction manual
Goplus is one of the top Cargo boxes available due to its impressive build quality, safety features, and solid bottom that enhances its durability. It is somewhat disappointing that the Goplus cargo box doesn’t come larger than the 14 cubic feet size model.
Charging customers a return fee has resulted in a few negative reviews, but their logistics team is resolving this.
It is also a great alternative to Thule and Yakima carriers as it does offer you sufficient storage space for 3-4 campers at a relatively subsidized price.
Overall, Goplus cargo boxes are a reliable way to store and transport cargo and gear when venturing outdoors. Immediately check for defective or missing parts once the shipment arrives. The packaging doesn’t come with any Styrofoam or padding and may be scratched or damaged during shipping. In such a scenario, swiftly contact your supplier for appropriate replacement, return or refund.