I don’t know which Hyundai Tucson you are driving; however, the 2021 model is a beast on its own level. It has all the features that we all love in SUVs.
Nonetheless, the trunk space of just 31 cubic feet behind the rear seats is often not enough. Luckily, there are plenty of roof boxes that fit on SUVs.
Nonetheless, this does not make the buying process any easy. That is why we have compiled a list of our favorite cargo boxes that will all fit perfectly on your Tucson.
- Best Overall - Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- Best On A Budget - JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Table of Contents
Hyundai Tucson Roof Box Overview
Last update on 2023-03-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you are looking for a massive roof box, the Thule Motion XT is your best bet. Some of its remarkable features include:
- The impressive size of 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches and a volume of 22 cubic feet can fit 5-7 pairs of skis or 3-5 snowboards.
- A load capacity of 165 pounds
- Dual-side openings for added convenience
- Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and noise even when empty
- Quick mount system for effortless installation and unmounting.
- A secure slide-lock system that separates locking and opening functions to ensure you never lock in your keys. The lid also automatically locks and alerts you when it is closed securely.
- Comes in two different colors glossy black and glossy titan
Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box, Large
The Thule pulse and Motion XT share some similarities. However, they significantly differ in size and opening. Some of the features we like in this roof box include.
- The rugged and durable design.
- It has a volume of 16 cu ft. which can fit 4-6 skis or 3-4 snowboards
- Fast grip quick-mount system that makes assembling effortless
- Passenger-side opening for secure offloading and loading.
- It comes with a central locking system that provides maximum safety.
Goplus Cargo Box
This is the overall prettiest roof box on this list. However, it also has some other impressive features, such as:
- It comes with a glossy white exterior
- A sleek aerodynamic design
- It is very versatile since it can fit on saloon cars, SUVs, and vans.
- The volume is 14 cubic feet, which can haul gear for up to 2 campers.
- It is made out of quality ABS plastic, which is durable and can withstand different weather conditions.
- Very easy to install due to the 4 quick connect anchors and the super latch security system.
- Lastly, it has dual-sided openings for additional convenience.
JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you are on a budget, this is the roof box for you. Despite being cheap, it has some amazing attributes, such as:
- A big capacity of 18 cubic feet
- An aerodynamic design to enhance fuel efficiency.
- It is also waterproof
- Installation is effortless, and you will require no tools since all mounting hardware and the instruction manual are included in the package.
- Easy and convenient to use due to the dual-sided opening.
Before we recommend any products, we do a lot of research. Therefore you can be sure that if you purchase any of the above roof boxes, it will be worth every penny. Moreover, all of them are a perfect fit for the Hyundai Tucson.